Chimera
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steampunk or sorcery, magic or mayhem, your stye is our style!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fortress in the Ghetto

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 am

"You're not really British?" she asked in surprise. "Well, at least you have the accent. I like the accent." She giggled and leaned back in her seat, resting her feet on the dash board.
Back to top Go down
https://chimera.forumotion.com
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:52 am

"My parents are British. They moved here and then lost everything in a fire. They had to move to the bad part of town while my mother was pregnant. They had me, they had my brother. They were working two jobs each so they were never home. The streets raised us... Once I got out of it all I did watch a lot of BBC. That helped..." He smiled as he pulled back into his high-tech garage that looked like it was no-tech.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:57 am

Aveira traced his face with her hand. She remembered that the scar was on his left side, so she couldn't touch it. "How old are you?" she asked curiously. She really didn't know much about him, but that was all right. It was more fun that way.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:00 am

"Twenty-Seven. You?" The elevator reached the floor and he pulled back into the space it had come from. "Home."
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:39 pm

"I'm not exactly sure," she admitted. "I don't really remember how long I've been alive...I don't even know when my birthday is." She turned her head towards him. "You should know...I'm not exactly sane. Sometimes I forget things. I might forget you at times. You'll just have to be patient and help me remember."
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:04 pm

"I'll do what I can." He opened the door to his car and walked around to open hers for her. "Would you like a tour of the rooms you haven't seen?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:29 pm

"Sure," she said happily, bouncing out of the car. She fingered her blindfold, remembering what his face looked like. It was a memory she didn't want to lose.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:01 am

Matthew offered his hand to Aveira, smiling as he did so. As strange as the past few days had been, they had seemed nice.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:07 am

Leaning her head against his shoulder, she walked with him. She let her senses spread out and was able to pay less attention to where she walked thanks to him. She trusted him not to lead her astray.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:26 am

He showed Aveira a kitchen that was rather large and had many high-end appliances. The next room was an exercise room. Each room he showed her had been an office, break room, cafeteria, or something else when the facility had been used before. The next room he took her to was a gun range. There was a wall, similar to how people with a lot of tools will hang their tools from the wall, with guns hanging from the wall. Below those were tables. On several of the tables were guns in various stages of being taken apart or put back together. The tables had shelves below the top that all held ammunition. Above the door frame was a hook as if to hang a coat, but it was above the door and looked much too sturdy to just hold a coat. "I spend a good deal of time here. This is also the last room I'll show you. Some of the rooms are just empty because I have no use for them."
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:38 am

The hook interested Aveira. She walked towards it and raised her hands, jumping to grab it. She held on for a few moments before falling. Though she was strong in a fight, she didn't always have her strength and was unable to hold herself up for long. She dropped back down, landing nimbly. "What's this?"
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:49 am

"Would you like to see?" He said, still smiling. He reached for a rope that was on one of the tables.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:51 am

Aveira stood back in confusion, waiting to see what he would do. She had no idea what a hook had to do with a rope. "Obviously I want to see," she teased.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:06 am

After a somewhat acrobatic maneuver, Matthew was hanging from the hook by his feet. "There are some exercises I can do from here. Aside from that I have two reasons: If I can take apart a gun and put it back together this way, I can do it faster normally. Also, why the hell not?"
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:11 am

Aveira crouched down and kissed his upside down lips. She giggled. "Heheh. Just like Spiderman." She may have memory problems, but they usually never applied to trivial things like her favorite foods or movies she enjoyed. "Now do another trick!"
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:25 pm

"Trick? I don't really know any tricks, love. I can shoot a smiley face into a target... But that's not really a trick." He smiled at her.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:37 pm

"Write my name in bullets!" she said excitedly. "It's spelled A-V-E-I-R-A." She paused as she realized he was still on the hook. "Write my name in bullets while hanging upside down!"
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:55 pm

"That would take some ridiculous accuracy. And a lot of bullets."
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:59 pm

"Are you saying you can't do it?" she challenged him with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:07 am

"Hand me that one." He pointed to a particular gun on the wall. "Also set that box of ammo under me." He pointed to a box. "It'd also be nice if you could set one of my targets up down the range. And I'll need to not stay upside down for too long. All the blood rushing to my head and whatnot."
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:11 am

Aveira giggled and ran to do as he asked. She pulled the gun down and handed it to him. The ammo she put on the ground in front of him where he'd be able to reach it. Grabbing a paper target, she turned it backwards so the blank side was forward. She turned it horizontally and pinned it up before running back. It took her a little longer because it was hard to "see," but she finished quickly enough.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:25 am

He motioned to two pairs of headphones. "Ear protection. I like not going deaf." Matthew had two pairs in case one broke, which turned out to be convenient.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:30 am

Aveira grabbed them and put them on his head. She did the same for herself. Wiggling excitedly, she sat down beside him. "This is going to be so awesome!"
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:40 am

Matthew began shooting. With each shot, the recoil would make him flail about a bit. He was careful to not shoot Aveira, and would always realign himself.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:45 am

Aveira giggled as she sensed him squirm. "Like a caterpillar," she murmured to herself. She leaned her back against the wall as he shot at the target. She couldn't see where the bullets were going; she'd have to check the paper when he was done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fortress in the Ghetto
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chimera :: In Character :: Housing-
Jump to: