Chimera
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steampunk or sorcery, magic or mayhem, your stye is our style!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taking Care of Things

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Matthew

Matthew

Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:55 am

"Of course he does. Also, not when you do it in the dead of night with a black parachute and at the time when the guards are in-between shifts."
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:02 am

"Eh," she said as she rinsed her hair. "What about using a sniper file?" she asked. "You wouldn't have to get close that way."
Back to top Go down
https://chimera.forumotion.com
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:38 pm

"I'll probably figure it out when I get there, truthfully. There are a ton of ways I can approach this. No matter how I do it there are trusts to be gained, arms to acquire, people to bribe, schedules to get a hold of. Quite a bit to do." His eyes stared blankly at the floor, imagining it all. "It may take a while."
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:51 pm

"You could just blow up the building," she suggested, never one for the subtle route. "I once blew up a hospital because I saw it done in a movie, and I wanted to try it. But then it turned out that it wasn't a hospital at all, but an office that did taxes for a hospital." She shrugged as she washed off the caked-on blood stuck to her arms. "Still, it's not like accountants are really alive anyway, right? They're like zombies. So I guess it all worked out in the end." Smiling, she turned off the water and wrung her hair out, shivering slightly at the sudden cold.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:59 pm

Matthew wrapped a towel around her and chuckled. "Saved them from a monotonous life, you did." He kissed her lightly. "I can't be so obvious. Also it's kind of a big building. After the debris fell, the entire bloody Chinese government would be after me." He thought for a few moments. "我一直在練習我的中國。你能告訴嗎?" ("Wǒ yīzhí zài liànxí wǒ de zhōngguó. Nǐ néng gàosu ma?")
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm

"你的口音是很好," Aveira said without thinking. She blinked in surprise. "Oh, hey, I guess I speak Chinese." She furrowed her brow and tried again, but the words wouldn't come to her. "It's gone now, though. Oh well." Shrugging it off, she snuggled into the soft towel for a moment before drying herself off. Aveira had learned to ignore weird things like this; it wasn't the first time they'd happened after all.

(("Your accent is very good"))
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:19 pm

He raised one eyebrow. "I'm going to assume things like that just happen." Matthew smiled, but then it faded. "I have to leave tomorrow morning."
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:25 pm

Aveira ignored his last comment. "Yeah, it happens a lot," she said. Unwrapping the towel from around her waist, she dumped it in a hamper and walked to their room in the nude. Putting a hand to her eyes, she frowned. "I'll need a new blindfold," she said softly. "That was my last spare. I wish they weren't so hard to find..."
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:44 pm

"Can't you make more out of bits of fabric?" He couldn't help but keep his eyes on her.

Matthew decided he'd practice his speech a bit more. His accent changed fluidly to one belonging to a German. "Entschuldigen Sie mich, was ist das Gebäude?" Keeping his German accent he paused, then "對不." He frowned, then said "Verdammt, wie kann man sagen ... 那是誰的建設?" Matt intentionally included a few mispronunciations.
("Excuse me, What is that building?" "I'm sorry." "Damnit, how do you say..." "Who is that Building?")
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:50 pm

Aveira scoffed and sat down on the bed. "Are you asking a blind girl to sew her own blindfolds?" she teased him, listening to his speech. She could still understand the Chinese, but not the German. This didn't surprise her; she couldn't possibly know every language on Earth, even if she wasn't human.

Laying down on the bed, she closed her eyes. A thought lazily drifted into her mind. If I can't see, then does it matter if my eyes are open or closed when I sleep?" She'd never thought about this before, and was suitably distracted by this new idea.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:05 am

"You've got a good point. We can make sure you have plenty of them before I leave." He sat down next to her, just watching her closely, his eyes scanning her form.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:09 am

Aveira could feel his eyes on her. She'd gotten to be very good at telling when people were looking at her. "I hope you won't meet any pretty girls in China," she said lightly, her voice a low purr. "I know how men can be; always distracted by a lovely sight." She rolled onto her back and stretched, a small smile tugging at her lips.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:16 am

His accent changed again, just as fluently as the language he was speaking. "Кровавый ад, я хочу тебя." He put his hand on her back massaging up and down.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:20 am

Aveira relaxed, his hand feeling wonderful against her back. She couldn't understand Russian either, but it wasn't hard to guess the sentiment. "Like I said," she began, her voice low and slightly breathy. "Men are always distracted by what's right in front of them."

((You should probably reply in a PM))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking Care of Things   Taking Care of Things - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking Care of Things
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chimera :: In Character :: Housing-
Jump to: