Chimera
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steampunk or sorcery, magic or mayhem, your stye is our style!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fortress in the Ghetto

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Matthew

Matthew

Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:37 pm

"Empty them? What does that mean?" His eyes were fixed on her. "Never die? Who are you? What are you?"
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:40 pm

"I don't know," she said softly. "I still can't remember everything. But when I'm finished, they aren't there anymore. They're empty inside. Look at him," Aveira pointed at the boy, but couldn't bare to look at him. She knew she was evil, but that didn't make the truth any easier to bare.
Back to top Go down
https://chimera.forumotion.com
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:46 pm

"I see... But... How? Why?"
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Aveira just shook her head. She didn't know. She blinked several times and her vision faded even more. "Where's my blindfold?" she asked him. Her voice was beginning to take on its usual amorphous quality, slightly breathy and lilting. She smiled at him, trying to memorize his face while she still could.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:02 pm

Matthew motioned to the night stand nearest them. "I put it there for when you woke up." Matthew decided to not mention that he had checked on her very often.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:08 pm

She turned around and tried to focus on it, but her vision was now too blurry to be of any real help. It was really just giving her a headache. Closing her eyes, she used her senses to find her blindfold and slipped it back into place. The darkness was surprisingly welcome. How odd that her vision had decided to work so suddenly. "Thank you," she told him happily. "Can I watch you shoot him?" she asked in an upbeat tone.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:24 pm

"If that's what you'd like," said Matthew. He lifted the boy onto his shoulder and began to walk to the door on the opposite side of the large chamber. Inside of this room was a garage. At the moment it had just over a half a dozen cars ranging from those in horrible condition to some with astronomical prices which were kept pristine. The room itself was very large. In the facilities old life this was where those that worked here would park. It led up to the garage on the banged up house above. There was an elevator that would take a car up to the top, and it could leave through the garage.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:26 pm

Aveira "looked" around, admiring the cars. Some felt shiny, her senses gliding over them, while others smelled rusty and unpleasant. Disguise cars, of course. She concentrated on Matthew again, a random thought popping into her head. "Does anyone ever call you Matt?"
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:32 pm

"Not in a long time, no." He said as he put the body in the back of one of the lesser appearing cars.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:35 pm

"Can I call you Matt?" she asked, watching curiously. She never worried about where to kill people. As long as no one was paying attention, she could kill anywhere. Watching him work methodically was interesting. "Do you think you could take me on one of your missions sometime?" she asked. "I'd like to study how you work."
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:44 pm

"We'll see. I've got kind of a big one coming up soon. But it's going to be pretty dangerous." He covered the body and got in the car, starting the engine.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Aveira climbed into the passenger's seat and buckled her seat belt. Safety first. "Are you forgetting how we met?" she asked with a small smile. "I pointed out all your flaws and then we had sex. In case you haven't noticed, I enjoy danger."
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:52 pm

He thought for a moment? "Are you afraid of heights?" A simple question.
"Also, yes, you can call me Matt if you'd like." He floored the gas and shot off towards the elevator. He slowed down in a reasonable amount of time, driving into the elevator. He hit a button that looked like a garage door opener that he pulled out of his pocket. The elevator began rising as the doors behind them closed.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 11:57 pm

"No, I love heights. Since I can't actually see anything below me, heights aren't that scary." She smiled at him. She could hear the engine rev, but had no idea how fast they were going. She didn't own a car, and didn't spend a lot of time in them.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:10 am

"That's good. If you go with me, we'll be very high up for a while. Ever parachuted before?"
The elevator reached the top which was the surface level garage. The door opened and he pulled out onto the street.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:14 am

Aveira grinned. "No! We're going to parachute?" she asked excitedly. The idea absolutely thrilled her. She almost envied Matthew. He got to go on all sorts of interesting assignments while she was stuck in this city and its surrounding areas, unable to leave with so many unknowns holding her back.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:03 am

"Maybe. I haven't accepted it yet. It's further away than I'm used to." He drove towards the bad part of downtown, which wasn't far from his home.
((Shall I make a new topic even though we'll only use it a little bit?))
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:04 am

"How far?" she asked warily. She didn't really want to leave, but if it
was with him...and if they came back soon...maybe she could bring
herself to do it. Maybe.

((Nah. We'll just post it here))
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:15 am

"China." He pulled over and stepped out of the vehicle. There was a group of thugs standing around speaking. Their Ebonics were so thick that they were basically unintelligible.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:26 am

Aveira wrinkled her nose distastefully. They smelled like drugs, alcohol, and sex. Not the good kind of sex, either. She stepped out of the car and put a hand over her nose, pointedly ignoring the thugs. "Are we going to kill them too?" she whispered to Matthew.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:57 am

"Just a moment," he whispered. Matthew approached them as he donned a pair of leather gloves. His normal British accent dropped and he picked up one matching the people he was approaching. What he said roughly translated to "Hello, how are you today?" They responded angrily. He said something antagonizing and one of them went to punch him. He grabbed his fist and twisted it so that he had one hand on his wrist, one hand on his elbow, and had brought the man to his knees. He pushed on his elbow, snapping it backwards sickeningly. By this time one of the other two had pulled out a knife and was charging him. He kicked the one who was now yelling about his arm towards the one with the knife, tripping him. The third had also pulled a knife out. Matthew grabbed his arm to keep it at bay while he grabbed the gun tucked in the waist of the one he was holding. He then pulled one of his own from a thigh holster he had and he quickly shot the man. He then shot the other two. Matthew pulled the boy out of his vehicle, set him about twenty feet away from them, and shot him with the gun he had taken from the thug. He left his gun with the boy, and the thugs weapons with them. "There. Now it's gang-related violence," he said, back in his British accent.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:01 am

Aveira smiled, excited by his show of dominance. "Would you like to date?" she asked happily. "I've never had a boyfriend before." Or had she? Well, she couldn't remember it now, so what did it matter?
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:20 am

"Odd time for that, isn't it?" He thought for a moment. "I'd love to." He got in the car and started it.
Back to top Go down
Aveira
Admin
Aveira

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:23 am

Aveira swung back into the car, taking one last "look" at the bodies. She was quite pleased with his skill. "Isn't this the perfect time? You just proved yourself as an alpha male by killing lesser men. Isn't it only logical that you'd win yourself a mate?" She reached over to run her fingers through his hair, not caring about the dangers of distracted driving.
Back to top Go down
Matthew

Matthew

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:37 am

He laughed. "I suppose so. But they were nothing. I was raised by men like that. In fact, how I spoke to them was how I spoke for a good number of my years. It wasn't till I left the gang that I began speaking like I do today. It took a while. The organization I work for had a language tutor help, actually. Anyway, the point is that they're nearly all the same. I probably could've done that with my eyes closed because of how predictable they are. Almost as predictable as Pavlov's dogs... But yet still lesser creatures..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fortress in the Ghetto   Fortress in the Ghetto - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fortress in the Ghetto
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chimera :: In Character :: Housing-
Jump to: